In order for YNHH to accurately track applications in process, each fellowship coordinator is required to submit the names of the clinical fellows who will be working in his/her respective department/section by e-mail to Amanda Vitale. A confirmation e-mail will be sent acknowledging receipt of the notification. If you do not receive a confirmation within five business days, please contact the Department of Physician Services at (203) 688-2615.
Important information about clinical fellow applications:
- The majority of clinical fellows seek to begin work on July 1 each year. To allow for adequate processing time, completed applications for fellows anticipating a July 1 start date should be delivered to the Department of Physician Services no later than May 15. Clinical fellows anticipating any other start date throughout the year should submit completed applications a minimum of four weeks in advance.
- The department/section must complete the bottom half of the form entitled "Recommendation for Appointment to the Clinical Fellow Staff". Applications that are submitted without this area completed will be returned.
- The clinical fellow's CV must be submitted with the application with no gaps in time greater than one month from the time the applicant graduated from medical school to the present. A start and end month and year must be identified for each position.
- If the applicant graduated from medical school outside of the United States, a copy of the ECFMG must be enclosed with the application. (Please be aware that the Department of Physician Services must verify ECFMG certificates directly with the ECFMG. These verifications can take up to 10-15 business days.)
Clinical fellow application materials and instructions
To apply for appointment as a clinical fellow, applicants must read the documents noted below and complete and submit all of the materials as indicated under Items to return.
Please note: Clinical fellow applicants may not begin working at YNHH in any capacity until notification is received from the Department of Physician Services. YNHH Photo Identification Badges and access to Sunrise Clinical Manager (SCM) will be permitted once approval has been granted.
Electronic submission of application materials is not available currently. All forms must be, therefore, printed out and returned in hard copy. All materials should be returned to the following address:
Yale-New Haven Hospital
Department of Physician Services
20 York Street, Hunter 4
New Haven, CT 06510
For specific directions, please call (203) 688-2615. Upon receipt of the application, the Fellowship Coordinator will be notified of any omitted or outdated documents.
Items to read
Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations
Medical Staff Dress Standards
Medical Staff Education Reading Materials
Infection Control/Standard Precautions Reading Material
Information on Immunization Documentation
Photo Identification Information
Clinical Information System Training Letter
Reading materials for conscious sedation (if conscious sedation privileges are requested)
Additional reading materials for conscious sedation
Additional reference material for conscious sedation
Medical Staff Policy on Hand Hygiene and Contact Precautions
Medical Staff Health Policy
Medical Staff Policy: Use of Fluoroscopy by Non-Radiologists (If you are not a Radiologist and wish to request privileges to perform fluoroscopy)
Items to return
- Complete, signed, dated clinical fellow application. Note: The bottom half of the form entitled "Recommendation for Appointment to the Clinical Fellow Staff" must be completed by the appropriate department/section chief.
- Signed Clinical Fellow Authorization to Release Records and Information Form
- Copy of medical school diploma or ECFMG Certificate (Foreign Medical School Graduates)
- Copies of all current licenses, including Connecticut (if applicable. Connecticut license is not required.)
- Immunization Documentation Form, including evidence of PPD within the past 12 months
- Hepatitis B Vaccine Declination (as applicable)
- Current DEA certificate**
- Current Connecticut State Narcotics Certificate**
- Copy of curriculum vitae
- Completed Medical Staff Education Review Questions and Attestation Sheet (a score of 75% is required to pass)
- Conscious Sedation Self-Test and Attestation and evidence of appropriate airway management training (if conscious sedation privileges are sought). (Note: Dental applicants fulfill this requirement if they hold and submit a license for conscious sedation from the state of Connecticut)
** If you do not currently hold this certificate, please be sure to print out, sign and enclose a copy of the Controlled Substance (CT and DEA) Certificate Declaration.
For your convenience: