Technology, Facilities & Specialists
At Yale-New Haven Hospital, we offer a wide range of preventative and acute cardiac services provided by specialists in all areas of cardiovascular disease, including cardiovascular medicine, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, cardiothoracic surgery, women's heart program, noninvasive cardiovascular imaging and critical care nursing.
Our expertise is enriched by a very personal regard and concern for each patient. Heart disease is not only medically complex, but can be emotionally trying for patients and their loved ones. At Yale-New Haven Hospital, patients are supported by qualified caregivers, trained in helping patients achieve the best possible physical and emotional outcomes—from diagnosis to recovery.
- 3 adult catheterization laboratories
- 1 pediatric catheterization laboratory
- 2 electrophysiology and exercise laboratories
- Nuclear cardiology and stress laboratory
- Echocardiography laboratory
- Chest Pain Center
- Advanced vascular imaging suite
Specialized Inpatient Care
- 20-bed coronary care unit
- 14-bed medical intensive care unit
- 50-bed medical cardiology stepdown unit
- 18-bed cardio-thoracic ICU
- 25-bed cardio-thoracic surgical stepdown unit
- 5 designated cardiac operating rooms
Surviving Heart Failure
Three patients describe their treatment at Yale-New Haven Hospital 's Center for Advanced Heart Failure. Greg Kelly, Frank Coteron and Bob Tilton each faced life- threatening heart conditions, but were able to resume normal living after complex procedures performed by Yale-New Haven Hospital surgeons.