The typical patient with significant vascular disease can be extremely complex and multiple issues need to be taken into consideration in designing therapy. A comprehensive approach involving all the options for therapy listed above is used by our vascular experts in the care of our patients.
Conditions we treat include:
- Acute venous thrombosis
- Aortic aneurysms (abdominal, thoracic)
- Aortiliac occlusive disease
- Carotid artery disease
- Central venous catheter placement
- Complex vascular disease (vascular graft failure, infection)
- Diabetes vascular disease and limb salvage
- Diseases of the aorta and its branches
- Lower extremity arterial problems
- Lower extremity venous problems
- Non-healing wounds caused by vascular disease
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Varicose veins and venous insufficiencies
- Vascular malformations
We offer novel treatment options for patients for whom traditional methods may have been unsuccessful, including open, vascular procedures such as carotid and femoral endarterectomies, extremity and visceral bypass grafts and repair of aneurysms of the aorta and its branches.
Research and development play a dominant role in the ongoing success of our vascular and endovascular surgery program. Our doctors and researchers actively study causes, diagnosis and treatment options for vascular diseases and conduct clinical trials.
Vascular Surgery Center locations
- Groton, Guilford, Milford, New Haven (203) 787-2561
- West Haven (203) 932-5711