Why Choose YNHH
YNHH urologists offer patients expertise in a broad range of subspecialties — oncology, infertility, pediatrics, neuro-urology and female urology, the management of stone disease and minimally invasive surgery.
The department makes substantial contributions to research and education in urology, ensuring that patients have access to cutting-edge methodologies and the latest clinical findings. Among other achievements, the department is home to the first Merit Award ever given by the National Institutes of Health to a urologist.
Among the best in the U.S.
Yale-New Haven Hospital has been named as one of the top hospitals in the United States, according to U.S.News & World Report's annual "Best Hospitals" rankings.
Yale-New Haven ranked among the very best in the nation in 11 medical specialties, including urology, which ranked #45.
YNHH urologists have developed clinical expertise in one or more subspecialty to provide comprehensive treatment of even the most complex urological problems.
- Urologic oncology, covering cancer of the bladder, prostate, testis, kidney and penis;
- Kidney stone prevention and treatment, including extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL), nutrition counseling and medical management;
- Neuro and female urology, providing care for voiding dysfunction, incontinence, female urologic problems and urinary tract difficulties related to neurologic diseases;
- Treatment of infertility, addressed with microsurgical and minimally invasive techniques for conditions such as varicoceles, obstruction of the vas deferens or epididymis and dysfunction of sperm maturation; and
- Pediatric urology, covering congenital anomalies and the management of urologic neoplasms, including Wilms' tumor.
Our urologists use laparoscopic techniques, decreasing the usual lengths of stay associated with traditional surgery.
Learn more at Yale Urology.