Measuring Patient Satisfaction
When choosing a neurosciences center, high marks for patient satisfaction should be among the most important considerations. Although recommendations from neighbors and friends can be helpful, they may reflect too heavily on an individual experience during one stay. A more accurate way to predict what your experience will be like is to examine data reflecting the experiences of many people over time.
In measuring the quality of care and service, we turn to the people who know best: our patients. For over ten years, we have been collecting extensive data from surveys given to patients, asking them to rate individual care units on the following factors:
- Confidence in caregivers
- Overall satisfaction
Why? Because at Yale-New Haven Hospital, we value our relationship with patients. Every healthcare provider in our Neurosciences Center participates by:
- Continually seeking out new ways to provide informed, thoughtful guidance
- Honoring the vision and values of YNHH to provide the highest quality, safest, patient-focused care
- Being actively involved in research and quality initiatives
- Providing 24/7 emergency response care
- Keeping current in training on the latest neurological diagnostic equipment and treatments
Always There For You
All patients of Yale-New Haven Hospital have 24/7 access to a full-time team of professional representatives and advocates whose primary job is to help resolve concerns or issues patients may have during their stay-quickly and with the utmost sensitivity. Patients may call the Yale-New Haven Patient Assistance Line at 203.688.2333 to talk with their patient representative at any time, or visit Patient Relations & Services on this site.