Last year, YNHHS introduced the Know Your Numbers employee wellness program to help employees heighten their health awareness and save money on their medical benefits. This year, the program has been enhanced — that's the Plus in the program name. Employees enrolled in the hospital benefits plan and those eligible to enroll for benefits can again receive credit toward the cost of their 2015 YNHHS medical premium, with more options to achieve the maximum savings of $500.
"YNHHS employees are our most valuable resource so their health and well-being are important," said Kevin Myatt, YNHHS senior vice president, Human Resources.
"Know Your Numbers Plus gives employees valuable information and rewards actions to maintain or improve their health, including participation in programs offered by YNHHS.By working together, we can improve our personal health and also help manage healthcare costs for ourselves and YNHHS.
"We appreciate the employee feedback that led to enhancing this year's program, specifically to reward individuals for taking proactive steps to maintain or improve their health," he added.
Employees eligible to participate in Know Your Numbers Plus will receive a home mailing with details about this year's program. Check out the intranet, Employee Self Service dashboard, or ActiveHealth website (http://myactivehealth. com/ynhhs) for more information.
Know Your Numbers Plus has two parts:
- Part I: Health screening and online health assessment: These are the same components as in last year's program.
- Part II new this year: Completion of personal choice activities.
Part I: Screening and online assessment
Employees completing both these steps earn $300 toward their 2015 YNHHS medical premium cost.
The health screening provides key health measurements — blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides and blood glucose, height, weight and body mass index (BMI) and waist and hip circumference (a pre-diabetes indicator). Employees must pick one of three options to get a screening:
- Free and quick onsite screenings at various YNHHS locations;
- Screening results from your personal physician; or
- Using a LabCorp Patient Service Center.
Details, including how to schedule an onsite appointment or instructions and forms to use for the options involving your personal physician or a LabCorp facility, are spelled out in the home mailing and on the ESS dashboard. Screenings must be completed by Friday, Aug. 29.
The second step in Part I of Know Your Numbers Plus is visiting the ActiveHealth website and completing your confidential health assessment (http:// myactivehealth.com/ynhhs). If you do not have an ActiveHealth account, you will need to create one on the website, then log in to your secure page to complete the health assessment. If you already have an account, just log in and update your health assessment. Results from your screening will automatically appear on your ActiveHealth web page within two weeks of your screening. Once you see the "congratulations" message on your "My Rewards," page, you have successfully completed both steps of Part I. The online assessment must be completed by Monday, Sept. 8.
Part II: Personal choice activities
New this year, this part of Know Your Numbers Plus involves taking action and selecting personal choice activities to maintain or improve your health. Each completed activity earns $50 — complete four to earn the maximum $200 reward. Options for personal choice activities include:
- livingwell CARES onsite care management program (for employees with asthma, high blood pressure or cholesterol, heart disease, COPD or certain musculoskeletal conditions)
- ActiveHealth telephone coaching for conditions like migraines, GI problems, seizure disorders and more
- ActiveHealth maternity telephone coaching program
- Completion of certain preventive health exams or screenings, such as an annual physical or dental cleaning(s)
- ActiveHealth online coaching on topics such as eating healthier, managing weight, getting more exercise and others
- ActiveHealth physical activity trackers, which earn you credit for exercising at least 30 minutes, three times a week, for four weeks All personal choice activity components must be completed and recorded by Monday, Sept. 8.
Participation in Know Your Numbers Plus is voluntary and employees' privacy is protected. YNHHS works with third-party vendors to conduct these programs and only receives an overall summary of the health screening and assessment results — no individual employee results will be shared with the employer.
"We are each in charge of our personal health and make choices every day that impact our total well-being. The ultimate goal of all livingwell employee wellness initiatives, including Know Your Numbers Plus, is to provide resources and support for employees to exercise greater responsibility for their own health," Myatt said. "It's a win-win for both employees and YNHHS."