ITS moves staff to North Haven facility
Over the course of four weeks in October, Information Technology Services (ITS) relocated more than 200 staff members to the hospital's North Haven facility where they occupy the third and fourth floors.
Employees relocated from 300 George Street, 1 Church Street and Finance South offices in New Haven. The North Haven location is now home to ITS administration, network and server services, application support, desktop engineering, information security, imaging information systems and web development.
"For the first time, we will have nearly all of our information technology services in the same footprint," said Edward Fisher, vice president, Information Technology Services. "Working in one building on only two floors will add to our efficiency, allow us to improve our service performance and increase collegiality within our department."
In January, 2013, Yale-New Haven Hospital will open the facility as a medical center that includes a walk-in/primary care center. The 120,000-square foot, four-story building — formerly owned by AT&T — at 6 Devine Street will also house a Smilow Cancer Hospital Care Center and an interventional immunology center that consists of various specialties including neurology and rheumatology. The site will offer onsite MRI and digital X-ray imaging, and laboratory and blood draw services.
Yale-New Haven Hospital is a nationally recognized, 1,541-bed, not-for-profit hospital serving as the primary teaching hospital for the Yale School of Medicine. Yale-New Haven was founded as the fourth voluntary hospital in the U.S. in 1826. Today, the hospital's two New Haven-based inpatient campuses include Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital, Yale-New Haven Psychiatric Hospital and Smilow Cancer Hospital. YNHH has a combined medical staff of about 4,500 university and community physicians practicing in more than 100 specialties. YNHH's York Street campus and associated ambulatory sites are Magnet-designated by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.