As a patient of YNHH, you have the right to expect:
- CARE that is safe, high quality, respectful and considerate of your personal, spiritual, cultural and religious beliefs and values.
- INFORMATION that is understandable and complete, including rights, health status, treatment and care options, and who is providing your care.
- PARTICIPATION in the decisions about your care, treatment and services, including during research, investigation and clinical trials.
- RESPECT for your wishes as outlined in an advance directive.
- CONFIDENTIALITY and privacy in all matters.
- COMMITMENT to your safety and security in an environment that preserves dignity, including freedom from abuse and neglect, as well as your right to voice complaints and grievances without being subject to reprisal.
- ASSESSMENT and management of pain.
- PROMPT RESPONSE to requests for assistance, concerns and complaints.
As a patient of YNHH, you have a responsibility to:
For More Information
If you have a complaint that has not been addressed to your satisfaction by patient relations (203.688.2333) through the hospital patient complaint and grievance process, you may contact the Connecticut Department of Health (860.509-8000) or the hospital’s accrediting agency, The Joint Commission (630.792-5000).