At Yale-New Haven Hospital, we have a dedicated team of medically-trained quality assurance experts who continually:
- Measure the quality and safety of care provided across our entire health network
- Collect, analyze and report data pertaining to patient satisfaction, safety, operational effectiveness and clinical quality
- Create performance "scorecards" for all departments and specialties
- Help leaders and staff make informed, data-driven decisions about where and how to make improvements
- Engage patients and families, senior leadership and board members, administrators, physicians, nurses and employees at all levels in the process of ensuring and improving quality and safety standards
- Publicly report statistics and ratings
Our latest scorecards are always available on this site. Performance metrics are based on independent research done by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and The Joint Commission.
Statistics and data for existing areas are updated annually, and new result categories are added often. Wherever possible, we explain why these numbers matter and what we're doing to maintain and improve performance ratings.
When choosing a hospital, high marks for patient satisfaction should be among the most important considerations.
In measuring the quality of care and service, we turn to the people who know best: our patients. For over ten years, we have been collecting extensive survey data rating the following:
View Patient Experience Scorecards
- Confidence in caregivers
- Overall satisfaction
Process of Care Measures
At Yale-New Haven Hospital, our goal is to provide excellent, safe patient care. We're continually developing and enforcing quality and safety measures aimed at preventing and minimizing errors at all levels of the organization. We also engage patients, families, and staff through education and training and utilize the most technologically advanced systems available to ensure our practices and facilities remain safe.
Research shows that delivering the right tests, treatments and medications at the right time can save lives. We strive to meet—and exceed—expectations and industry standards in delivering timely, safe and effective care. Healthcare professionals throughout the Yale New Haven Health System use technology, training, and teamwork to deliver uniformly high quality, safe care to all patients. Our many awards are testaments to our relentless commitment to quality and safety too.
View Process of Care Measures Scorecards
Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven Performance Data
Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven and Yale Cancer Center acknowledge the seven American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) evidence-based quality guidelines for breast and colorectal cancers.
View the Breast Cancer Program and Gastrointestinal Cancers Program Performance Data