Orthopedic pre-op classes are held every Wednesday beginning at 11 am in the Recreation Room of the Grimes Center. Free parking is available behind the Grimes Center, from the George Street entrance.
- Orthopedic nurse
- Physical therapist
- Representative from short-term rehabilitation
- Representative from discharge planning
Presentation topics include:
- Preparing for surgery: what to bring or not bring with you to the hospital
- How to prepare your home for your return
- Information on rehabilitation and short-term rehabilitation centers
- Transportation issues
- Insurance issues
- Scheduling of any necessary blood work or Xrays
To register for a pre-operative class, please call 203.789.3258. To learn more about the Bone and Joint Center, please call 203.789.4140.