LungLife is also ideal for those recovering from lung surgery. The program is individualized for each participant. Use of oxygen does not limit your participation.
Participating in LungLife can:
- Increase your strength and endurance
- Reduce breathing problems and sick days
- Decrease anxiety about living with your breathing problems
- Increase understanding of your lung disease
- Increase your ability to perform daily activities
- Increase your independence
- Improve your quality of life
Lung Life is open to anyone with pulmonary disease who is referred by a physician. The program is coordinated by a clinical nurse specialist and a physical therapist. Your private physician maintains primary responsibility for your care, and we update your physician about your progress.
Each session includes a class on a variety of topics, such as:
- Exercise your way to better breathing
- Conserve energy in your daily activities
- Eat right for better pulmonary health
- Make the most of your medication
- Relax and breath easier
Each session includes supervised exercise tailored to your individual abilities and limitations.
175 Sherman Avenue
New Haven, CT 06511 | Map
84 North Main Street
Branford, CT 06405 | Map
To register for LungLife or for more information, please call 203.789.3995, Monday through Friday.
Pulmonary Function Lab
For lung disorders, your physician may use Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus Pulmonary Function Lab as part of your diagnosis or treatment. Tests include evaluating respiratory disorders, including lung volumes and flow rates, diffusion studies, occupational and disability screening, arterial blood drawing and analysis, bronchial provocation and nutritional assessments.
Free parking is available at the McGivney Center for patients coming to Pulmonary Function Laboratory. Click here for directions.