Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital's Allergy and Immunology Program is widely recognized as a leading center for the evaluation and treatment of children with allergic disorders and immune system deficiencies.
Comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis and medical management for a wide array of allergic diseases including asthma and food allergy, as well as primary (inherited) immunodeficiency diseases, are provided. Asthma and allergies are increasingly common problems so we will work to educate the entire family to make the condition easier to manage. Among the services provided are:
Tests and Procedures Performed:
- Allergy skin testing
- Pulmonary function tests
- Oral food challenges
- Allergen immunotherapy (shots)
- Atopic dermatitis/eczema
- Allergic rhinitis, conjunctivitis, sinusitis
- Food Allergy
- Urticaria (hives), mastocytosis
- Anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction)
- Drug allergy
- Insect venom allergy
- Hereditary angioedema (excessive swelling)
Immunology and Infusion Services
These services are done by the Pediatric Primary Immuodeficiency Center.
- Evaluation and management of patients with recurrent or severe or unusual infections
- Medical management of inherited disorders of the immune system, including antibody replacement and if appropriate bone marrow transplantation
- Testing for antibody deficiency, cellular immunodeficiency and complement disorders
- Evaluation of patients with periodic fevers
- Pediatric Primary Immunodeficiency Center
To make an appointment, please call (203) 785-4081.