Under the direction of Dr. Alia Bazzy-Asaad and Dr. Jonathan Puchalski, the program involves experts from pulmonary medicine, gastroenterology, otolaryngology, pediatric surgery, speach and language therapy and occupational medicine. We provide coordinated care for children and adolescents with airway, breathing and swallowing disorders caused by problems in the aerodigestive tract (throat, lungs, esophagus and stomach).
Conditions we commonly treat include:
- Aspiration and recurrent pneumonia
- Airway obstruction from tumors or other growths
- Bronchomalacia, tracheomalacia and airway collapsibility
- Chronic cough
- Esophageal atresia
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Gastroesophageal reflux with persistent symptoms
- Stenosis of the airways (narrowing), including glottic, tracheal and bronchial
- Tracheoesophageal fistula
- Vocal cord dysfunction/paralysis
- Other medically complex thoracic diseases requiring coordinated subspecialty care
For more information about the aerodigestive program, please call (203) 785-3165.