Pediatric cardiovascular surgeons with extensive specialized training in every aspect of congenital heart disease provide expert care to children of all ages, from neonate to young adult, through our joint program with Connecticut Children's Medical Center called Northeast Pediatric Specialists (NEPS). They collaborate with experts in maternal-fetal medicine, pediatric anesthesiology, nursing and intensive care to provide comprehensive treatment to patients. When patients turn 21, we offer a smooth transition over to the adult congenital heart program.
Surgical procedures and areas of focus:
- Neonatal and pediatric repair of complete congenital cardiac anomalies
- Repair of adult congenital heart disease
- Vale repair or replacement
- Minimally invasive approaches to heart disease for certain lesions
- Blood conservation cardiac surgery
Complex procedures we perform include:
- BT shunts
- Glenn shunts
- Coarctation repair
- PDA ligation
- Pulmonary artery banding
- Arterial switch procedures
- Tissue engineering conduit implantation
To make an appointment or make a referral, please call (203) 785-2702.