So that everything goes smoothly the day of the procedure, we ask that you follow these guidelines.
Please bring with you the following:
- Results of blood work, if done at an outside lab.
- Insurance information, including forms and identification card.
- A list of your child's medications.
- Copy of court papers designating legal guardianship, if necessary.
- Favorite toy, stuffed animal, blanket, pacifier, sippy cup, bottle.
Please DO NOT bring other children.
You will be with your child at all times before surgery. Once your child goes into the operating room with the anesthesiologist, you will stay in the waiting room and be notified when the surgery is over. You will be reunited with your child once he or she is in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU). Your child will be in the PACU until he or she is either discharged home or admitted to a pediatric unit.