The Pediatric Primary Care Center offers care for children from birth to teen years. In addition to well child care, preventive and urgent care, the Pediatric PCC also offers the following services:
- Well child care is provided to children from two weeks to one year of age in both a group setting and individual sessions. This program is designed to meet all of the well child needs of the infants as well as the maternal needs for parenting skills, contraception information and social support.
- Child life specialists
- Developmental screening and referral
- Lead clinic
- Preemie clinic
- Refugee clinic
The Adolescent Primary Care Center offers care for adolescents age 13 to 21 years. In addition to well child care, preventative and urgent care, the Adolescent Primary Care Center provides the following services:
- Reproductive health
- Mental health screening, treatment and referral services. Mental health services can include counseling with a social worker; psychotropic medications; and drug and alcohol screening, brief intervention and referral
- Linkages to school-based clinics, for follow-up of complex medical issues and contraception
For more information, please call 203-688-9335.
The Adult Primary Care Center offers care for adults age 19 and over. In addition to providing preventative and comprehensive primary and urgent care the Adult PCC also offers the following services:
- Asthma tune-up
- Coumadin clinic
- Diabetes tune-up, a comprehensive program that focuses on individual health needs in a patient- and family-focused care delivery model working for better outcomes.
- Services include podiatry and nutrition.
- Home program - home visitation by social work and providers
- Men's health, including the Men's Health Enrichment Program (MHEP), a community outreach initiative designed to help men become more in control of their health
- Behavioral health and psychiatry
- Refugee clinic
The Women's Center offers women's health care, GYN exams, pregnancy testing, prenatal care and family planning services. Additional services offered include:
- CenteringPregnancy® Program - group prenatal care that begins in the second trimester of pregnancy. Women in each group are followed together throughout their pregnancy until delivery. (English and Spanish groups are available.)
- Free pregnancy testing
- Contraceptive counseling and treatment, including IUD and Implanon
- Me & My Baby Program
- Nutrition counseling
- Connecticut Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (CBCCEDP) and WISEWOMAN Program (for more information, see Cancer Screening Programs)
The Primary Care Center's comprehensive staff includes attending physicians, residents, advanced practice nurses, certified nurse midwives, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, patient care associates, social workers, outreach workers, child life specialists and financial counselors.
- Pediatric Primary Care
- Adolescent Primary Care
- Adult Primary Care
- Women’s Center