Y Access Line
Y Access Line offers a streamlined patient transfer service that ensures quick and easy admission to Yale New Haven Hospital. With one call – 888-964-4233 (888-YNHH-BED) – referring physicians can speak directly with an attending specialist for an immediate transfer. Trained paramedics assist with admission processing, bed assignment and critical care air transport, using Yale New Haven Health System’s inter-hospital emergency helicopter, SkyHealth, when necessary.
Scope of service
- 24-hour single access point for all patient transfers
- Quick connection to on-call attending specialists for patient transfers
- A dedicated physician referral director available for urgent appointments, hospital care or ambulatory evaluations
- Trained paramedics ready to expedite your request for a transfer
Click here for information regarding international patient transfers.
Specialized medical and surgical care
Y Access Line ensures that all patients receive the proper level of care when time, speed and skill are critical. Areas of expertise include:
- Advanced endoscopy
- Allergy and immunology
- Burn Center
- Diabetes and endocrinology
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT)
- Heart and vascular
- Hematology and oncology
- Infectious diseases
- Interventional radiology
- Labor and delivery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Neonatal care
- Pulmonary and critical care
- Transfusion medicine
- Transplant medicine and surgery
How to transfer a patient
When you call Y Access Line at 888-964-4233 (888-YNHH-BED) a trained paramedic will answer your call and connect you with an attending specialist for patient transfer. Please have the following information available when calling Y Access:
Y Access also provides pediatric and neonatal critical care transportation and has an International Medicine Program.
- Referring provider
- Referring facility, patient location
- Patient name
- Date of birth
- Reason for transfer
- Pertinent medical information including patients current condition, invasive lines, assist devices, drips
Telemedicine program for stroke
Yale New Haven Stroke Center offers remote neurologic expertise via our telestroke program that uses remote video and image-sharing communications for patients who have acute stroke symptoms at an affiliated hospital and are deemed eligible for intravenous Tissue Plasminogen Activator (TPA) or interventional procedures.
Pediatric consultation service
Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital (YNHCH) Pediatric Consultation Service allows quick and easy access to our pediatric specialists to improve care by providing a consultation, assistance with an urgent issue or an emergency transfer to YNHCH for your patient, 24/7.
The ACCESS Mental Health CT program offers expert pediatric psychiatric consultations for children and adolescents’ mental health issues, Monday-Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. Services include:
- Free telephone consultation within 30 minutes of initial call
- Assistance with finding community behavioral health services
- Behavioral health training and education
For more information, call 844-751-8955 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pediatric and neonatal critcal care air and ground transport
Highly skilled transport teams trained in pediatric/neonatal airway management, ATLS and critical patient management, provide transportation to Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital via our specially equipped ambulance or SkyHealth helicopter.
Read more about our transport service.