Message from the Co-Presidents
Sylvia Greene, Ellen Highkin
As we prepare to complete our two-year term as copresidents, we would like to thank our Board of Managers and the entire YNHH Auxiliary membership for your collaboration and enthusiastic support. You have helped make our tenure a success.
We also would like to introduce Anne Marie Chuckrey as your incoming president. She serves on our Auxiliary Board, is involved with several of our committees, and is a long-serving and dedicated volunteer in the Glass Door Gift Shop on the Saint Raphael Campus. In addition, she is an adjunct professor at Quinnipiac University. With her experience and expertise, Anne Marie will provide excellent leadership to the Auxiliary as it continues its extraordinary work.
Some examples of our recent accomplishments include:
- An almost completed $1 million pledge to support creation of the Center for Musculoskeletal Care McGivney Advanced Surgery Center on the Saint Raphael Campus, and renovation of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit on the York Street Campus;
- Bringing the Looking Forward support program for cancer patients under the Auxiliary as a freestanding committee;
- Embracing of the Adolescent Behavioral Health Program as an area of focus, with planning underway for an Auxiliary fundraising event in 2019;
- The Toy Closet program, now celebrating its 25th year, which provides a comforting toy to every child seen in an inpatient or ambulatory setting;
- Awarding scholarships to area high school students who are pursuing higher education in the medical and nursing fields. This year, 10 high school students each received a $2,000 scholarship from the Auxiliary.
We both will remain involved with our wonderful Auxiliary, the Board of Managers and its committees. We encourage you to continue your on-going support as well. Together, we – with the full Auxiliary membership – will help make a difference in the lives of the hospital’s patients and their families.
—Sylvia Greene and Ellen Highkin