throwback

This photo from the 1960s shows dietitians assembling food trays for patients in the food preparation area. Before 1953, nurses were responsible for serving food to patients. After the East Pavilion was built, dietitians served meals from food pantries located on each patient floor. Visit the display case in the York Street Campus East Pavilion to learn more about the history of Food and Nutrition at YNHH. Photo courtesy of the Yale New Haven Hospital Archives