YNHH honored for commuter program
CTrides, a state program aimed at reducing single-rider commuting, recently named Yale New Haven Hospital a Gold Transportation Leader for efforts to promote greener commuting methods such as carpooling and public transit.
The hospital was recognized for educating employees about greener commuting options and encouraging their use through its Transportation Demand Management Program. The program offers commuter benefits and alternatives to single-occupancy vehicle use to alleviate parking challenges and help the environment by reducing gasoline demand and air pollution.
All YNHH employees may participate in the Transportation Demand Management Program and receive commuter benefits, including:
- Free monthly CTtransit bus pass (in lieu of a parking spot)
- Commuter train subsidy up to $100 per month (in lieu of a parking spot)
- Free, YNHH-operated commuter bus system
- Carpooling program
- ZipCar discount
- Walk- and bike-to-work programs
- 24 free parks per year at a YNHH parking facility
- Emergency ride home program
- Other benefits and prizes offered by CTrides
For more information and to participate in the Transportation Demand Management Program, contact the parking office at your campus: York Street, 203-688-2623, [email protected]; or Saint Raphael Campus, 203-789-5958, [email protected].