New platform, new plan for Know Your Numbers Plus 2020
Employee well-being program launches July 6
Like so many programs, Yale New Haven Health’s annual Know Your Numbers (KYN) Plus employee wellness and rewards program will look and feel a little different this year, but the goal remains the same – to give employees the knowledge and tools to enhance their personal health and well-being. KYN Plus 2020 launches Monday, July 6.
“Many employees have asked if we will have the Know Your Numbers program this year and the answer is a resounding yes,” said Kevin A. Myatt, YNHHS senior vice president and chief human resources officer. “With the stress caused by COVID-19, it’s more important than ever to focus on our own health and well-being, and address any concerns. With this program, everyone benefits. Employees can improve their health and earn financial rewards, and a healthy workforce can help YNHHS ensure that our patients continue to receive the safe, extraordinary care for which we’re known and respected.”
By participating in KYN Plus, benefits-eligible employees hired on or before Aug. 30, 2020 can earn up to $500 credit toward their 2021 YNHHS medical benefits premiums. Eligible employees can also help their organizations achieve 2020 Performance Incentive Plan (PIP) goals by participating.
Along with the KYN Plus launch, the health system will introduce Virgin Pulse, YNHHS’ new online well-being portal. This will replace the Red Brick portal as the platform for KYN Plus participation.
“Virgin Pulse offers helpful tools and resources that can be used year-round to help employees thrive in work and life,” said Myatt.
Overview of KYN Plus 2020
- New timeframe: KYN Plus will run July 6 to Oct. 9.
- No screenings: To support social distancing, KYN Plus 2020 will be virtual and will not include biometric screenings or preventive exams.
- Virgin Pulse: To participate in KYN Plus, employees must register on the new Virgin Pulse Employee Well-being Portal and use the online platform to complete KYN personal choice activities and track earned credits.
- Personal choice activities: KYN Plus 2020 includes up to three activities to help employees evaluate their overall health and address concerns. Activities are: an online health assessment, online resiliency appraisal and livingwellCARES health coaching.
Register on the Virgin Pulse Employee Well-being Portal:
All employees are encouraged to enroll in the portal. Registration is part of the PIP measures, and benefits-eligible employees will use the portal to participate in KYN.
Complete personal choice activities
YNHHS benefits-eligible employees must complete personal choice activities to earn up to $500 credit toward their 2021 YNHH medical plan premium. Completing either of the online assessments will earn $250 credit each.
Completing two virtual visits with a livingwellCARES health coach earns $500 credit. You may participate in as many personal choice activities as desired, but the maximum credit you may earn is $500. All employees (including those not currently enrolled in YNHHS benefits) must complete at least one personal choice activity to benefit from the knowledge provided and help their organization meet PIP goals.
- Health assessment ($250): Designed to help you consider lifestyle choices, provide a picture of your overall health and raise awareness about possible areas for improvement.
- Resiliency assessment ($250): Resiliency is a skill that helps you adapt to change, bounce back from stress and find meaning in what you do. This assessment will help you understand your own resilience and take steps to enhance it.
- Virtual health/wellness coaching by livingwellCARES ($500): Can help you improve your health, take charge of your overall well-being or help you manage chronic health conditions. Employees must complete two sessions to complete this personal choice activity. Benefits-eligible employees may work with a wellness coach or care coordinator; other employees will work with a wellness coach. Currently, coaching is conducted by phone or video. Sessions held between Sept. 1, 2019 and Oct. 9, 2020 are eligible for credit. Call 888-533-3742 for an appointment.
KYN Plus participation is encouraged but voluntary. Your privacy is important. YNHHS’ vendor, Virgin Pulse, will receive only aggregated data about employees’ participation in KYN Plus. Your personal health information will be protected and kept private.
All employees will receive a home mailing soon with details about this year’s program. In addition, check your YNHHS email July 6 for a message from Virgin Pulse with instructions on registering and getting started with KYN Plus 2020.
KYN Plus information will also be available on the Infor Employee Space (click “Action Dashboard”); your organization’s intranet homepage; the Virgin Pulse portal; and the HRConnect benefits service center at www.ynhhs.org/hrconnect (in network only) or 844-543-2147.
The deadline to complete all Know Your Numbers activities is Friday, Oct. 9, 2020.