YNHHS introduces MyChart Billing
With the launch of MyChart Billing, patients can now access clinical and financial information in one secure location via Yale New Haven Health’s MyChart online patient portal. In addition to using the portal’s many other features, patients can now manage healthcare balances within MyChart. Previously, YNHHS used a separate bill-pay application. Now, from the MyChart login page, patients can choose to pay their bills as a guest, but are encouraged to sign up for an account to access MyChart’s other features.With MyChart Billing patients can:
- Make payments on Yale New Haven Health, NEMG and Yale Medicine balances
- Set up payment plans with automatic monthly payments
- View account details and payment history
- Send and receive secure, confidential electronic messages with YNHHS billing representatives
- Update insurance coverage information
MyChart users can also:
- Access most laboratory and test results, medical history, appointment information and other health information
- Request and schedule appointments with their physicians
- Request and renew prescriptions
- Send and receive secure, confidential electronic messages with their physicians’ offices
- Help care for family members by linking family members’ MyChart accounts to theirs with family members’ permission and proxy access.
For those who already have a MyChart account, the transition to MyChart Billing will be seamless. After logging in, they will simply click “Billing” at the top and “Account Summary.” From there, patients can view an overview of their balances.
For more information on MyChart Billing, visit mychart.ynhhs.org.