Lifeline – 24-hour Medical Monitoring
Lifeline is the oldest, most reliable 24-hour personal response program available. Easy to use, in the event of an emergency, the subscriber simply presses the personal help button and within seconds is directly connected to the response center who can immediately send help - 24 hours-a-day 7 days-a-week.
Other Lifeline features include an optional daily check-in and an RSVP function, which allows you to answer your telephone from across the room, as well as a new AutoAlert® option. Designed to detect if a person falls and can't get up to push the button on their own, this intelligent alarm has multiple sensors for additional protection. The AutoAlert "help" is integrated into the Lifeline pendant. It can easily be added to the standard Lifeline service for a small additional fee.
How to Choose a Medical Alert Service
When you’re choosing a medical alert service, you want the most experienced, reliable provider available. That’s Philips Lifeline®, presented by Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus. It’s the leading medical alert service in North America because only Philips Lifeline offers:
- Over 35 years’ experience and proven technology
- 24/7 monitoring, 365 days per year
- AutoAlert® option, which provides an added layer of protection by automatically calling for help
- A dedicated response center – not an add-on to a security service
- 30-second call response time, on average
- Waterproof personal help button
- Ability to answer phone by pushing personal help button, reducing risk of falls from rushing to answer phone
- Notification of family and designated health care option when personal help button is pushed
- Products designed for the hearing and visually impaired
- No equipment to purchase
- Service paid on a monthly basis – no long-term service contract required
- Minimum 15-hour rechargeable battery back-up in case of power outage
Learn more about Lifeline or call (203) 789-3938.
Cell phones vs Lifeline
Cell phones and smart phones meet many needs. But a medical alert service isn’t one of them. Unlike a mobile phone, you’ll find Philips Lifeline with AutoAlert®:
- Always within reach
- Always available in an emergency
- Can be used in a slippery shower – it’s waterproof
- Doesn’t need “downtime” for recharging
- Connects directly with a “responder” who will quickly evaluate the situation
Q. What is Lifeline?
A. Lifeline is the most reliable 24-hour personal emergency response system available, providing help in the event of an emergency.
Q. How does Lifeline work?
A. Lifeline provides a direct connection to its dedicated Response Center staffed with specially trained responders who send help immediately, whether it's neighbors, family or emergency services. Lifeline is there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To use Lifeline:
Q. How do I use Lifeline?
A. Simply push your Lifeline Personal Help Button. Lifeline Personal Response Associate answers, accesses your profile and evaluates your situation. The Associate contacts a neighbor, family member or emergency service, depending on the situation, then follows up to ensure help arrives.
Q. How does the Lifeline equipment get installed in a subscriber's home?
A. Helpful and courteous installers from the Lifeline program provide equipment installation and instruction to new subscribers.
Q. Will the Lifeline unit work when the electricity goes out?
A. Yes. There is a back-up battery that will run up to 30 hours.
Q. Do I need to make a long-term commitment?
A. No. You rent the equipment on a month-to-month basis.
Q. If I have an emergency and need to be hospitalized, do I have to go to a specific hospital?
A. No. You may go to any hospital of your choice.
Q. Who do I call if my Lifeline equipment needs service?
A. You call the Lifeline program at (203) 789-3938 and we will schedule an appointment at your convenience to service your equipment.
Q. What if I fall and can't push my button?
A. Lifeline with the AutoAlert option provides an added layer of protection. Your AutoAlert button will automatically place a call for help if a fall is detected and you can't push your button.
Q. Can I have the Lifeline equipment installed if I do not have a landline phone?
A. Yes. We offer a wireless option.