Why YNHH for Heart & Vascular Care
We can start with our experience. As one of the nation's leading providers of heart and vascular health services, Yale New Haven Hospital has plenty of it. It's one of many reasons we are consistently ranked among the top 100 hospitals for cardiac care in the nation.
Offering the most advanced technology and facilities, as well as a dedicated, world-renowned team of physicians, nurses and other professionals, the Heart and Vascular Center at Yale New Haven Hospital remains at the forefront of developing diagnostic tools, treatments, and procedures for adults and children facing heart disease.
Technology, Facilities & Specialists
At Yale New Haven Hospital, we offer a wide range of preventative and acute cardiac services provided by specialists in all areas of cardiovascular disease, including cardiovascular medicine, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, cardiothoracic surgery, women's heart and vascular services, cardiovascular imaging and critical care nursing.
Our expertise is enriched by a very personal regard and concern for each patient. Heart disease is not only medically complex, but can be emotionally trying for patients and their loved ones. At Yale New Haven Hospital, patients are supported by qualified caregivers, trained in helping patients achieve the best possible physical and emotional outcomes—from diagnosis to recovery.
- 7 adult catheterization laboratories
- 1 pediatric catheterization laboratory
- 4 electrophysiology and exercise laboratories
- 7 interventional radiology laboratories
- Neuroscience-interventional biplane suite
- Nuclear cardiology and stress laboratory
- Echocardiography laboratory
- Chest Pain Center
- Advanced vascular imaging suite
Specialized Inpatient Care
- 20-bed coronary care unit
- 14-bed medical intensive care unit
- 50-bed medical cardiology stepdown unit
- 18-bed cardio-thoracic ICU
- 25-bed cardio-thoracic surgical stepdown unit
- 5 designated cardiac operating rooms
A History of Innovation
Hospitals with a reputation for innovation often attract the most highly skilled professionals. Over the years, the Heart and Vascular Center at Yale New Haven Hospital has welcomed an impressive list of pioneering cardiology specialists—from those who created the first working heart-lung machine to those performing the first successful heart transplant from an unmatched donor.