The Center for Advanced Heart Failure provides comprehensive evaluation, management and treatment for patients with heart failure.
The multidisciplinary team is composed of specialists representing every aspect of cardiac care, including heart failure cardiologists and cardiac surgeons, as well as dedicated nurse practitioners, nurse coordinators, pharmacists, financial counselors, social workers, dieticians, palliative care specialists, transplant immunologists, intensivists, psychologists and exercise physiologists. The Center is often among the first in the country to use new medicines, procedures and devices for every degree of heart failure and is involved in multiple clinical trials.
Our goal is to provide each patient with a tailored plan of treatment addressing their physical, mental and emotional needs with nurse-led clinics, telemanagement, nutrition counseling and social services.
Conditions We Treat
- The full continuum of heart failure
- Cardiogenic shock
- Complex valve and coronary disease
- Inherited cardiomyopathies
- Acquired cardiomyopathies diseases (amyloidosis, sarcoidosis)
Medical and Surgical Treatment Options
- Heart transplant
- Total artificial heart transplant
- Ventricular assist devices
- Evaluation and medical tailored therapy for advanced heart failure
- Heart failure disease management
- High risk coronary revascularization and valve repairExtracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Septal myectomy
- Advanced care planning
- Monthly support and education classes
- Post-cardiotomy shock mechanical circulatory support
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Disease management and outpatient diuretic therapy
- Palliative care
Heart Failure Treatment
Yale-New Haven's Heart Failure and Transplantation Program is dedicated to providing the most comprehensive guideline-based management to patients with heart failure. Our doctors are experts in the field, with skill and knowledge in the most current and promising array of treatment options for people living with advanced heart failure.
Learn more about treatment
At Yale-New Haven Hospital, we offer a variety of outreach and education programs to support cardiac patients and families and help raise awareness in the community about the risks and signs of heart disease.
Learn more about how we can support you