Heart Failure Treatment
Yale New Haven's Heart Failure and Transplantation Program is dedicated to providing the most comprehensive guideline-based management to patients with heart failure. Our doctors are experts in the field, with skill and knowledge in the most current and promising array of treatment options for people living with advanced heart failure.
The Adult Congenital Heart Program provides seamless, comprehensive care for adults with congenital heart disease. It is the only program of its kind in Connecticut, and one of a few in the region.
Learn more about the Adult Congenital Heart Program
Heart Transplantation has been performed at Yale New Haven Hospital for more than a quarter century. This long experience and superb survival outcomes after transplantation offer hope to patients who would otherwise die of heart failure. The success of our heart transplant program has been maintained by a multidisciplinary team of experts who have earned acclaim for their dedicated care of transplant patients.
Learn more about the Yale New Haven’s Heart Transplantation Program
Implantable Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) is a mechanical pump used to support heart function and blood flow in people who have weakened hearts. A VAD can be used to prolong the lives of patients while they await a heart transplant. The device can also be used to improve the quality of life for end-stage heart failure patients who do not qualify for a transplant. Yale New Haven Hospital is a leader in mechanical circulatory support, with surgeons who specialize in implanting a wide array of VADs.
Learn more about Implantable Ventricular Assist
The Inherited Cardiomyopathy Clinic provides comprehensive diagnostics, consultation and advanced treatment for individuals with hypertrophic or dilated cardiomyopathy. Partnering with University College of London's William McKenna, MD, a world-renowned clinician and scholar in inherited cardiomyopathy, patients and their families are cared for by Yale New Haven cardiologists and geneticists specially trained in inherited heart disease. We offer the latest imaging techniques and treatment strategies including clinical evaluation, genetic testing and family analysis. Team members take the entire family into account throughout the diagnosis, screening, risk assessment and treatment process.
Conditions we treat:
Treatment options available to patients include:
- Evauluation and medical tailored therapy for advanced heart failure
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Implantable cardioverter therapy
- Ablation therapy for atrial and ventricular arrhythmias
- High risk coronary revascularization and valve repair in carefully selected patients
- Complex and reoperative heart operations
- Caridac transplantation
- Left ventricular assist devices (LVADs)
- Extracorporeal membrance oxygenation (ECMO)
- Septal myectomy and surgical treatment of left ventricular out-flow tract obstruction
- Metabolic testing to assess prognosis
- Advanced care planning
- Opportunity for participation in a wide range of clinical research activities
- Monthly support and education classes
- off-pump bypass grafting
- Post-cardiomy shock
Cardiac Rehabilitation for Patients Living with Heart Failure