Rehabilitation and Wellness Center
The YNHH Rehabilitation and Wellness Center at Milford Hospital provides an intensive program for those recovering from an injury, surgery or illness. Round-the-clock care is provided by our rehabilitation, nursing and medical staff. Therapy takes place 7 days per week.
The Rehabilitation Unit is often the first step in a continuum of care that then extends into the home and the community.
- Joint replacement
- Spinal cord injuries
- Multiple trauma
- Neurological disorders
We develop and revise your individual plan of care daily. Discharge planning is an ongoing process starting from the time of admission, and involves the whole interdisciplinary team.
- Patient and family
- Physiatrist or rehabilitation physician
- Consulting physicians
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
- Social workers
- Nurse case managers
- Prosthetic/orthotic technicians
What we offer:
- A clinical team that develops an individualized care plan for you.
- One-on-one intensive physical, occupational and/or speech therapy up to seven days a week.
- A specialized gym designed to maximize your ability to improve balance, coordination and mobility. The 1,800 square-foot gym is equipped with state-of-the-art neuromuscular and balance equipment.
- A focus on activities of daily living in our therapeutic kitchen and bathrooms. You will accomplish bathing, dressing, cooking, laundry, and home management tasks in order to regain your highest level of function.
- Education for you and your caregiver to better understand your needs and your rehabilitation plan. Family members or caregivers may attend therapy sessions for training prior to your return home.
A healing environment
- The rehabilitation and wellness center is designed for soothing, holistic healing to treat and bring comfort to the body, mind and spirit.
- The 24-bed unit is staffed by Yale New Haven Hospital physicians and rehabilitation nurses.
- Specially designed rooms have larger beds and higher weight capacity to accommodate the needs of all patients.
- Language translation services are free to caregivers and visitors.
Why YNHH for Inpatient Rehabilitation?
Patient care and recovery is the focus of what we do in order to get our patients back to their homes and regular activities. Our center received the Press Ganey “Guardian of Excellence Award” for achieving patient satisfaction scores above the 95th percentile each month during the past fiscal year. The award recognizes the center for its exceptional patient care in providing one-on-one, intensive therapy for patients from throughout the region with neurological disorders, trauma, limb loss, joint replacements and other conditions.
Press Ganey is a national provider of patient experience measurement, performance analytics and strategic advisory solutions for healthcare organization.
The center extends its patient care by providing support services, including a stroke support group and a new amputee support group.