Yale New Haven Hospital is committed to meeting the specialized health care needs of women. We provide quality, comprehensive services for female patients of all ages. Our diverse team of experts works together using the most technologically advanced, research-based methods to prevent, diagnose and treat medical issues unique to women - all in a safe, professional, family-friendly environment.
Urogynecology Conditions We Treat
Urogynecology services at Yale New Haven Hospital evaluates and treats conditions such as:
- Urinary incontinence (accidental leakage of urine)
- Fecal incontinence (accidental leakage of gas or stool)
- Pelvic organ prolapse (dropped organs)
- Interstitial cystitis (bladder wall inflammation)
- Urinary tract disorders
- Recurrent or multiple urinary tract/bladder infections
- Difficulty emptying the bladder
- Difficulty evacuating stool
- Vulvar pain syndrome (vulvodynia)
Learn more about gynecological treatment options
The Gynecologic Cancers Program at Smilow Cancer Hospital is where the best medical minds come together to determine the optimum course of treatment for gynecologic cancers.
- Vulvar cancer
- Vaginal cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Uterine cancer
- Fallopian tube cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Gestational trophoblastic disease
- Soft-tissue tumors of the pelvis
We offer research-based, family-focused care to support you and your baby from pregnancy through infancy and beyond.
Learn more about our Maternity Services
Yale New Haven Children's Hospital Fetal Care Center brings together top experts to create a complete care plan for pregnant women whose obstetrician has detected a problem in their developing baby. With the use of advanced diagnostic testing and treatment options, this unique program has ensured successful births for thousands of babies with special needs.
Learn more about our Fetal Care Center and the fetal conditions we treat
Women's Heart Health
The Women's Heart Program at Yale New Haven Hospital is dedicated to the heart health of all women, as well as improving the overall outcomes for women with heart disease. We strive to make sure that women understand their risk of heart attack, and can recognize the signs and symptoms.
Women's Heart Health Services include:
- Improving knowledge of women concerning their risks of cardiovascular disease
- Increasing early recognition of symptoms
- Changing behavior of women toward heart disease through action-oriented primary and secondary prevention
- Decreasing time from the onset of symptoms to receipt of rapid and appropriate care
Learn more about the Women's Heart Program