Yale New Haven Hospital's Pediatric Dental Center provides comprehensive and urgent dental care for children up to 16 years of age, with particular emphasis on treatment of children with special dentistry needs. Dental staff members are also trained to treat children who have severe disabilities.
- Check-ups and diagnostic services (including low-dose digital X-rays)
- Preventive care (cleanings, fluorides and sealants)
- Restorative care (fillings and crowns)
- Emergency care
- Preventive and interceptive orthodontics
- Care for children with special health care needs
Arrangements for children's oral surgery, periodontic (gums) and endodontic (root canal) care are also available. The center aims to develop partnerships with patients, their families and schools to teach children the importance of good oral health care, which is essential for overall health and well-being.