Directions & Parking
Air Rights Garage, 60 York St.: Short-term parking spaces on floors 4, 6 and 8 are set aside for Yale New Haven Hospital, Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital and Smilow Cancer Hospital patients and visitors.
Patient/visitor self-parking rates for floors 4, 6 and 8:
|Up to 7 hours
|7 to 24 hours
There are two entrances from the garage directly into the hospital:
- A covered pedestrian bridge connects the garage’s 2nd floor to the hospital’s 20 York St. entrance.
- A covered entrance through the Park Street Building connects the garage’s 4th floor to Smilow and other parts of the hospital.
YNHH offers long-term patient/visitor parking at discounted rates. Patients expected to be hospitalized for more than one week should discuss parking options with their social worker.
- Patient-only Emergency Department parking is available in lot #1, at the corner of Howard and Davenport avenues.
- Patient self-parking rates: Free for up to 3 hours in lot #1. After 3 hours, vehicle owners will be charged the short-term parking rate ($1 per hour for 4 to 7 hours; up to $20 for over 7 to 24 hours).
Valet parking is offered at multiple locations on the York Street Campus.
|0 - 1 hr.
|1 - 1½ hrs
|1½ - 2 hrs
|2 - 2½ hrs
|2½ - 7 hrs
|7 to 24 hrs
How it works
- You will be greeted by the valet attendant who will issue you a valet ticket and assist you to the hospital. Keep your parking ticket with you.
- Your car will be parked in a secure lot.
- When you are ready to leave, you can return to any of the valet locations. The valet attendant will accept your ticket and calculate any applicable parking charges. You can have your vehicle returned to any of the above listed valet entrances; it does not need to be the one at which you arrived.
- If you need to retrieve your vehicle after 9 pm, call 203-688-2510 with your valet ticket number. You many also speak to the Protective Services representative and they will call for you.
- Parking escorts are available all day, every day to accompany visitors to any hospital parking facility. Call Protective Services at 203-688-2500.
Visit cttransit.com or call the CT Transit Telephone Information Center at 203-624-0151 for times and more info.
Lodging & Nearby Services
When patients are faced with short- or long-term inpatient hospital care, families and caregivers can stay comfortably nearby. The Suites at Yale New Haven is a new hotel offered by Yale New Haven Hospital. In addition, there are a number of hotels and accommodations in New Haven that fit all needs and budgets.
The Suites at Yale New Haven
Located minutes from Yale New Haven Hospital and its Smilow Cancer Hospital, Children's Hospital and Saint Raphael Campus, The Suites, at 25 Dwight Street in New Haven, includes 24 suites with extended stay options. Daily, weekly and monthly rates are available.
With all the comforts of home in a warm and welcoming setting, and just minutes away from Yale New Haven Hospital, The Suites offers many conveniences and amenities, including complimentary transportation to and from the hospital.
For more information and reservations, visit The Suites at Yale New Haven's Web site or call 203-654-7500.
The Ronald McDonald House of Connecticut
The Ronald McDonald House is a place where families can stay while their child is being treated at the hospital. A referral from a hospital staff member is required before a family can register as a guest at the House. A modest fee is charged per night.
YNHH offers transportation from the hospital to the Ronald McDonald House. Please call Protective Services at 203-688-2500 in advance of the time you would like to leave.
Visit the Ronald McDonald House of Connecticut's Web site or call 203-777-LOVE for more information.
Other Area Hotels
For information about area hotels, please visit INFO New Haven or the Greater New Haven Convention and Visitor Bureau.
If you still have questions about where to stay when you visit Yale New Haven Hospital, please contact Patient Relations at 203-688-3430.