Urologic diseases affect more than 20 million people in the United States this number is expected to increase as the population ages. At Yale New Haven, our urologists are grounded in research and education, and they bring world-class knowledge to their care of patients.
YNHH urologists have developed clinical expertise in one or more subspecialty to provide comprehensive treatment of even the most complex urological problems.
- Urologic oncology, covering cancer of the bladder, prostate, testis, kidney and penis;
- Kidney stone prevention and treatment, including extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL), nutrition counseling and medical management;
- Neuro and female urology, providing care for voiding dysfunction, incontinence, female urologic problems and urinary tract difficulties related to neurologic diseases;
- Treatment of infertility, addressed with microsurgical and minimally invasive techniques for conditions such as varicoceles, obstruction of the vas deferens or epididymis and dysfunction of sperm maturation; and
- Pediatric urology, covering congenital anomalies and the management of urologic neoplasms, including Wilms' tumor.
Our urologists use laparoscopic techniques, decreasing the usual lengths of stay associated with traditional surgery.
Learn more about Yale Urology