The McGivney Advanced Surgery Center specializes in outpatient, same-day surgical treatment for bone, joint and spine conditions. The Advanced Surgery Center is part of Yale New Haven Hospital, the only hospital in the country to have earned the highest level certifications for all major orthopedic services, including knee and hip replacement.
- Ankle injuries and ankle joint replacement
- Arthroscopic repair for ACL, PCL or meniscus (knee ligament) injury
- Hip replacement
- Knee replacement
- Wrist, hand and finger surgery, including carpal tunnel syndrome and trigger finger
- Shoulder injuries, including rotator cuff repair
- Sports injuries
- Nerve block for pain management
- Achilles tendon injuries
- Hammertoe and other toe disorders
- Foot surgery for conditions such as bone spurs, bunions, plantar fasciitis
Spine Surgery (Neurosurgery)
- Spine procedures such as discectomies in the neck (cervical), middle back (thoracic) and lower back (lumbar)
The McGivney Advanced Surgery Center is dedicated to providing the best possible care for every patient. Special staff coordinate every step of your experience, beginning with pre-surgery education. The same staff member will be on site on the day of surgery to assist from check-in through release to return home. Your “concierge” coordinator also assists with any post-surgery rehabilitation care needed.
Expert Surgical Team
Your medical team includes board certified surgeons and anesthesiologists. Physician assistants, nurses (APRN), technicians, physical therapists and other staff are specially trained to support patients undergoing same-day surgical procedures.
Pre- and Post-Surgery Rehabilitation Onsite
Rehabilitation begins the same day as your surgery with physical therapy at the Center. For hip and knee replacement patients, Yale New Haven is the only hospital in the region that offers the Virtual Exercise Rehabilitation Assistant (VERA™) program that allows patients to complete physical therapy at home.