The Day Before Your Visit
Whether your surgery or procedure requires you to stay overnight or not, there are some important things you need to do and remember the day before your visit.
Obtaining Your Arrival Time
You will receive an automated phone call between 3 - 5 pm the day before your surgery telling you what time you should arrive. If your surgery is scheduled for a Monday, you will receive your call the Friday before.
If you do not receive a call or have further questions, call 203-688-4107.
It is important to follow these instructions in the days leading up to and night before your scheduled visit:
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before (or the morning of) your surgery, including water, gum, mints and hard candies.
- Take only the medications your doctor has instructed you to with a sip of water.
- You may brush your teeth and use mouthwash, but do not swallow.
- Call your surgeon ahead of time if you do not feel well or develop any signs of illness, cold, fever, sore throat, chest pain or difficult breathing.
- Remove and do not wear any makeup or nail polish to your scheduled surgical visit.