Yale-New Haven Hospital offers comprehensive dental treatment and oral surgery for adult and pediatric patients. Together, the adult and pediatric dental service completes approximately 30,000 patient visits each year.
Dental Program Highlights
- Preventive dental care: During an oral exam a dentist will check the patient’s teeth, gums, jaw and tongue for signs of disease or abnormality.
- Modern dental facilities: Our modern dental facilities are specially designed for easy access and maximum comfort.
- Specialty dentistry team: In addition to the general dentists, our specialists include pediatric dentists, oral surgeons, orthodontists, endodontists, periodontists and prosthodontists.
- Adult and pediatric patients with special needs: We provide dental care for patients whose medical condition or disability makes treatment in a conventional dental practice impractical or difficult.
- Accepts most major dental insurance plans: Most major insurance plans are accepted including Anthem, CIGNA, Delta Dental, Guardian, Met Life and United Healthcare.
- Chief of Dentistry
- Residency Program Directors
- Faculty Dentists
- Adult Dental Residents
- Pediatric Dental Residents
- Oral/Maxillofacial Residents
- Dental Assistants
- Dental Hygienists
- Office & Billing Staff
Specialty Dental Services Team
- Oral Surgeons
- Craniofacial surgeons
- Endodontists (root canal)
- Periodontists (gum disease)
- Prosthodontists (dentures, crown, prosthetics for trauma and cancer patients)
Our dental facilities are state-of-the-art and combine the latest high tech equipment along with an ergonomic layout, including specialty X-rays (Panorex and cone-beam). This unique environment enhances our ability to offer the highest quality of comprehensive oral hygiene for patients of all ages.
Adult Dental Services
Yale-New Haven Hospital offers comprehensive dental care for routine visits in addition to, complex oral health needs during an inpatient stay (i.e. transplant, oncology, HIV, sickle cell, etc.).
- Oral Health exams
- Diagnostic services (low dose X-ray, Panorex X-ray, cone beam imaging)
- Preventive care (cleanings fluoride and sealants)
- Restorative care (filings, crowns, etc.)
- Emergency care
- Preventive and interceptive orthodontics
- Care for adults with special needs
Adult Dental Locations:
789 Howard Avenue, Fl.2
New Haven, CT 06510
Mon - Fr: 8:30 am – 5 pm
Hamden Professional Building
2560 Dixwell Avenue, Fl.1
Hamden, CT 06514
Mon- Fri: 9 am – 5 pm
Pediatric Dental Services
- Oral Health Exams
- Diagnostic Services (low-dose X-ray, Panorex X-ray, cone beam imaging)
- Preventive Care (cleanings, fluorides and sealants)
- Restorative Care (fillings and crowns)
- Emergency Care
- Preventive and Interceptive Orthodontics
- Care For Children with Special Health Care Needs
Arrangements for children's oral surgery, periodontic (gums) and endodontic (root canal) care are also available. The center aims to develop partnerships with patients, their families and schools to teach children the importance of good oral health care, which is essential for overall health and well-being.
Pediatric Dental Center Locations
One Long Wharf
1 Long Wharf Drive, Suite 403
New Haven, CT 06511
Mon - Fri: : 8:30 am – 5 pm
Hamden Professional Building
2560 Dixwell Avenue, Fl. 1
Mon - Fri: 9 am – 5:30 pm
General Practice Residency Program
The general practice program is resident-driven and supported by hospital faculty who are highly committed to teaching and preparing tomorrow’s dentists.The dental program follows the standards and guidelines set by the American Dental Association and has full accreditation from the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).