At Yale New Haven Hospital, we work to make your childbirth experience one of comfort, joy and love. We offer comprehensive, research-based, family-focused care to support you and your baby from pregnancy through infancy and beyond.
Why Choose YNHH
Choosing a maternity center is one of the biggest decisions you'll ever make. Among the many comforting reasons to have your baby at Yale New Haven Hospital is knowing he or she will be cared for by the leading experts in newborn care in a safe, family-friendly environment. From hydrotherapy tubs to alternative and traditional methods for comfort and pain management, Yale New Haven Hospital offers moms an active role in their birth experience.
Yale New Haven Hospital has two facilities that offer labor and birth. One is at our York Street location on the fourth floor of the hospital's West Pavilion and the other is at our Saint Raphael Campus on Chapel Street. Babies born at either location and their moms benefit from a dedicated, multidisciplinary maternity team led by world-class obstetricians, gynecologists, midwives, nurse practitioners, nurses, researchers and other experts in women's and children's health.
Always at the forefront of maternal-fetal medicine and pediatrics, we provide leading-edge, routine and specialized maternity services to carry you and your baby from conception through childhood. YNHCH’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) applies the latest developments and best practices in neonatology, designed to support family-centered care, enhance outcomes and advance research.
Moms who have previously given birth via cesarean section can rest assured knowing we support Trial of Labor After Cesarean (TOLAC) and Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC) whenever possible. Our rates of patients attempting TOLAC and successful VBAC are above the national averages.
How We Care for Moms and Babies
From prenatal genetic testing and diagnostic imaging to childbirth, parenting, fitness and breastfeeding classes, our experienced maternity team provides compassionate care and comprehensive services for moms, babies and families of all shapes and sizes.
- Prenatal Testing - A variety of routine and specialized tests are often scheduled throughout pregnancy. From genetic screening to targeted ultrasounds, our team offers the most technologically-advanced testing.
- Maternal Special Care Unit - Offering individualized inpatient care for women diagnosed with high blood pressure, diabetes or other medical problems that can affect pregnancy.
- Labor and Birth - Our experienced, compassionate maternity team works with you to deliver and care for your baby in ways that best fits your needs and desires.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) - Advanced, family-centered care designed to enhance outcomes by applying the latest developments and best practices in neonatology. YNHCH is one of the first NICUs in the country to offer couplet rooms where mothers and their babies can remain together during their hospitalization.
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine for High-Risk Pregnancies - Our experienced team of obstetrical specialists provides prenatal, delivery and postpartum care for women experiencing high-risk pregnancies.
- Fetal Care Center - Top experts come together to create a complete care plan for pregnant women whose obstetrician has detected a problem in their developing baby.