At Yale-New Haven Hospital, we work to make your childbirth experience one of comfort, joy and love. We offer comprehensive, research-based, family-focused care to support you and your baby from pregnancy through infancy and beyond.
Why Choose YNHH
Choosing a maternity center is one of the biggest decisions you'll ever make. Among the many comforting reasons to have your baby at Yale-New Haven Hospital is knowing he or she will be cared for at one of the leading facilities for newborns--all in a safe, family-friendly environment.
Yale-New Haven Hospital has two facilities that offer labor and birth. One is at our York Street location on the fourth floor of the hospital's West Pavilion and the other is at our Saint Raphael Campus on Chapel Street. Babies born at either location and their moms benefit from a dedicated, multidisciplinary maternity team led by world-class obstetricians, gynecologists, midwives, nurse practitioners, nurses, researchers and other experts in women's and children's health.
Always at the forefront of maternal-fetal medicine and pediatrics, we provide leading-edge, routine and specialized maternity services to carry you and your baby from conception through childhood.
How We Care for Moms and Babies
From prenatal genetic testing and diagnostic imaging to childbirth, parenting, fitness and breastfeeding classes, our experienced maternity team provides compassionate care and comprehensive services for moms, babies and families of all shapes and sizes.
- Prenatal Testing - A variety of routine and specialized tests are often scheduled throughout pregnancy. From genetic screening to targeted ultrasounds, our team offers the most technologically-advanced testing.
- Maternal Special Care Unit - Offering individualized inpatient care for women diagnosed with high blood pressure, diabetes or other medical problems that can affect pregnancy.
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine for High-Risk Pregnancies - Our experienced team of obstetrical specialists provides prenatal, delivery and postpartum care for women experiencing high-risk pregnancies.
- Fetal Care Center - Top experts come together to create a complete care plan for pregnant women whose obstetrician has detected a problem in their developing baby.
- Labor and Birth - Our experienced, compassionate maternity team works with you to deliver and care for your baby in ways that best fits your needs and desires.
- After Your Baby Arrives - General things you can expect between the time your baby is born and the time you are brought to your postpartum room.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) - In 1960, we opened the nation's first NICU. Today, we provide highly specialized, critical care to nearly 5,000 infants and 800 newborns each year.
Childbirth Education and Support
From breastfeeding support and supplies to newborn care, YNHH's childbirth education program has been providing information, support services and fitness and education programs for moms and families in the greater New Haven community since 1949.
Learn more about childbirth and parenting support
Learn more about childbirth and parenting classes