Urology and Men’s Health
Our urologic services for men go beyond fertility and sexual dysfunction problems and cover a range of treatments for men at every stage of your life. We offer a free prostate cancer screening annually, often in association with September for Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. Check the online Calendar for scheduling.
Our men’s health program offers treatment for:
- Urologic Oncology: cancers of the kidneys, bladder, prostate, testis and penis
- Kidney Stone Disease: prevention, medical and surgical treatment including lithotripsy (a treatment that breaks up stones into fragments); nutritional counseling
- Urinary Dysfunction: Benign prostatic hyperplasia (or BPH, enlargement of the prostate that may cause frequent urination); urinary incontinence (leakage of urine); urethral stricture (scar tissue causing urethral narrowing that can make it difficult to urinate)
- Sexual Dysfunction: Low testosterone (low-T); erectile dysfunction (ED); Peyronie’s disease (penile curvature)
- Genital Reconstruction: Circumcision and revision; hypospadias repair; penile reconstruction; scrotal reconstruction; repair of genital lymphedema (lymph fluid swelling of the penis and scrotum); repair of buried penis (concealment of the penis from overlying tissue)
- Male Infertility: Medical and microsurgical treatment; varicocele (enlargement of veins in the scrotum); vasectomy or vasectomy reversal; other conditions of the epididymis and testis
In addition, Yale New Haven Health offers the revolutionary "smart" Artemis prostate biopsy which combines high-resolution ultrasound with 3D MRI imaging allowing physicians and diagnostic radiologists to evaluate and diagnose prostate problems with a more precise biopsy.