AHA instructor courses
Yale New Haven Hospital Center for EMS is an authorized American Heart Association training center. We offer courses in all AHA disciplines including CPR, ACLS, PALS and AHA Instructor. Classes are conducted by our well versed and highly experienced instructors. We utilize official AHA training content for the didactic portion of the class and then use our state of the art high fidelity training manikins to deliver more intensive, hands-on simulations to mimic real life situations.
How can I become an AHA Instructor?
The steps are simple:
- Complete an Instructor Candidate Application at YNHSHP before enrolling in an Instructor Course.
- Have current AHA provider status in the discipline of the Instructor Course, and be proficient in all the skills of that discipline. Disciplines include ACLS, BLS, PALS, PEARS® and Heartsaver®.
- Successfully complete the discipline specific Instructor Essentials online course, and print the course completion certificate.
- Successfully complete the discipline specific classroom Instructor Course.
- Successfully be monitored teaching your first course within six months after completing the Instructor Course.
Training Center Coordinators may require additional monitoring. Once you become an Instructor, you will have access to the most current emergency cardiovascular care science, course updates, training resources and tools through the online AHA Instructor Network. You will also be able to post class dates and times to reach more students through our public website.