Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Yale New Haven Health System (YNHHS) respects, protects and supports each patient’s rights, recognizing that each patient is an individual with unique needs. We strive to provide considerate, respectful care to every patient. We do not restrict, limit or deny care or visitation on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, citizenship status or any other basis protected by law. YNHHS hospitals provides emergency medical care to all patients, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay.
As a patient, you have the right to:
- Understand your rights and responsibilities.
- Patient- and family-centered care that is safe, considerate and high-quality.\3. Clear information about your health status, treatment and care, benefits, risks and care-givers.
- Take part in decisions about your care, treatment, services and discharge.
- Have help making an advance directive and have your wishes as expressed in your advance directive honored.
- Confidentiality and privacy in all matters, including visitor restrictions, on request.
- Safety and security in an environment that offers dignity, including freedom from neglect or mistreatment.
- Assessment and management of pain.
- Prompt response to concerns, complaints or requests for help, without fear of reprisal.
As a patient, you have a responsibility to:
- Give staff full, accurate information, including medical history, medications, symptoms and changes in your condition. Tell us if you have any reactions or allergies to medicine or anesthesia.
- Ask questions about your care and treatment, especially if information is not clear.
- Take an active role in both your care and discharge planning.
- Let staff know if you do or do not want family or others involved in your care or decision-making.
- Tell us if you have an advance directive. If not, ask about making an advance directive (you can choose someone who knows your wishes and can speak for you if you are unable).
- Ask about managing pain and discuss pain relief with your doctor or nurse.
- Respect others by following hospital rules and policies.
- Leave valuables at home.
- Do not use tobacco, vapor products or electronic nicotine delivery systems in hospital buildings or property.
- Provide us with your insurance information and ask about financial help.
- Tell staff if you cannot keep a scheduled appointment.
Yale New Haven Health System includes Bridgeport Hospital, Greenwich Hospital, Yale New Haven Hospital and Northeast Medical Group.