Whether you are recovering from an elective surgery or sudden illness, Grimes Center, a skilled nursing facility offers the most comprehensive and holistic rehabilitative care available. We are dedicated to guiding and supporting you to better health.
Our mission is to help you regain your health in an environment that is professional, comfortable and supportive and respects each patient’s dignity. Our team of medical specialists, nurses and physical therapists will help you regain your highest possible level of functioning to transition comfortably and safely back to your own home.
Why Grimes Center?
We offer our patients a level of care unsurpassed at other short-term care facilities. Because we are part of Yale New Haven Health System and located adjacent to the Saint Raphael Campus, we have access to a plethora of medical expertise and resources for our patients.
- Over 50 physician specialists on staff
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists tailor a rehabilitation program to each patient’s specific needs
- Therapy available seven days a week for faster recovery
- A nursing staff that is specially trained to work with chronic and rehabilitation patients
- A clean, bright facility and numerous amenities will make your stay comfortable and pleasant
- Highly rated for short-term rehabilitation based on national rankings, meeting the highest quality standards for care, safety and cleanliness
- More than half of our patients arrange their rehabilitative stay with us before they undergo their surgery
- Staff to help you transition safely to your own home
Grimes Center Amenities
We work hard to ensure your stay with us is as comfortable and convenient as possible.
- An onsite chapel and weekly masses
- Clean, nicely appointed private and semiprivate rooms with private bathrooms
- Delicious meal choices developed for freshness, flavor, and presentation
- Family gathering rooms
- Flat-screen televisions with cable
- Free, secure parking
- Pastoral care
- Relaxing courtyard garden
- Sterile room environments for the protection of patients with chronic conditions
- Wi-Fi access