If you are recovering from knee, hip or spine surgery; a stroke; an injury; or need to rebuild your strength after an illness, Grimes Center has the resources and expertise to get you to your normal, daily activities as quickly as possible.
- Newly expanded gym area to build strength, regain balance and get you back on your feet
- Activities of daily living area for practice with cooking, getting in and out of bed, personal hygiene and more
- A specially trained staff of physical, occupational and speech therapists
- One-on-one rehabilitation custom-designed for your specific needs
- Physicians on staff who specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Specially trained nurses to help you monitor and manage pain
- Two rehabilitation sessions a day, seven days a week increase your progress and get you home more quickly
- Staff to assist in assessing your home environment and making recommendations to ensure navigating your home is safe and easy
Our staff’s expertise is working with rehabilitation patients and they are dedicated to delivering the highest level of care and compassion.
Our Medical Staff
Over 50 specialists include general medicine, orthopedics, physical medicine, rehabilitation and more. Our advanced electronic medical record system means your caregivers have immediate access to your medical information – a real advantage in rapidly assessing and diagnosing your condition which is unparalleled at other rehabilitation facilities.
Our Advanced Practice Nursing Staff
Extensive experience in recovery and specially trained to work with rehabilitation patients. They will focus on your medication needs, ensure any pain or discomfort is managed, and closely monitor your nutritional health.
Our Rehabilitation Staff
Working with you up to twice a day, seven days a week in our large, fully equipped gym to regain strength, balance, coordination and your best range of motion as quickly as possible.
Our commitment to your health and well-being doesn’t stop when you leave our Center. Each patient at Grimes Center is assigned to a case manager who will develop a plan to make your eventual transition from rehabilitation to home as smooth as possible.
Our therapy team will:
- Assess your home environment and help with any temporary or permanent changes or modifications that might be needed for your ease and safety.
- Work with you on available community resources and provide you with information, as appropriate, on our outpatient rehabilitation programs.
- Provide you with information about our ongoing community programs and services
- When needed, continue to see you on an outpatient basis