The sleep medicine team diagnoses, treats and manages the following conditions and sleep-related disorders.
- Evaluation of patients with heart failure and stroke
- Excessive sleepiness
- Movement disorders during sleep
- Parasomnias (sleepwalking, talking and abnormal sleep behavior)
- Restless leg syndrome
- Shift-related work disorders
- Sleep apnea-related seizure disorders
- Sleep-related breathing disorders (i.e. snoring, sleep apnea etc.)
Research and Innovations
The clinicians at the Sleep Medicine Center are at the forefront of research on cardiovascular and stroke complications of sleep apnea; and the ways of reducing the risk of these conditions. Our physicians were the first to demonstrate that sleep apnea causes stroke and diabetes; and how appropriate treatment can lower the risk.
North Haven Campus
The North Haven campus offers a wide range of medical services all designed and delivered with the care, compassion and expertise you expect from Yale New Haven Health. From expert specialists, to the groundbreaking treatments of Smilow Cancer Hospital, to common heath care needs like blood draw, diagnostic radiology and walk-in care, it’s all available at one convenient campus location.