Whether your surgery or procedure requires you to stay overnight or not, there are some important things you need to do and remember the day before your visit.
Finding Out Your Arrival Time
You will receive an automated phone call between 3 - 5 pm the day before your surgery, telling you what time you should arrive. If your surgery is scheduled for a Monday, you will receive your call the Friday before.
If you do not receive a call or have further questions, call 203-200-3001 (York Street Campus); 203-688-6008 (Temple Campus); or 203-789-3393 (Saint Raphael Campus short-term) or 203-789-4321 (Saint Raphael Campus scheduled admission).
It is important to follow these instructions before your scheduled visit:
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight before surgery, including water, gum, mints or candy.
- Do not eat or drink anything, including water, on the day of your surgery.
- Take only the medications your doctor has instructed you to with a sip of water.
- You may brush your teeth and use mouthwash, but do not swallow.
- Take a shower with soap. Pay extra attention to cleanse the surgical area.
- Call your surgeon before surgery if you do not feel well or develop any signs of illness, cold, fever, sore throat, chest pain or difficulty breathing.
- Remove and do not wear any makeup, nail polish or artificial nails.