On this page:
YNHH nurses serve in many different roles in a wide variety of adult and pediatric, inpatient and ambulatory practice settings.
Professional Practice Model
Developed by nurses, Yale New Haven’s Professional Practice Model reflects our commitment to interdisciplinary care, innovation, research and evidence-based practice, clinical excellence, leadership development, nursing professional governance and autonomy.
Nursing Professional Governance
Yale New Haven Hospital’s Nursing Professional Governance team comprises nearly 200 highly respected nurses, who apply evidence and standards of care to solve problems, improve nursing practice and ensure our patients have the best possible outcomes. Through Nursing Professional Governance, these nurses serve the profession on behalf of other YNHH nurses and interact with leaders and other healthcare professionals across disciplines.
Here’s what some of our Nursing Professional Governance council members have to say about their experiences:
- “Nursing Professional Governance has sparked my interest in returning to school for nursing leadership!”
- “I feel and know that I am surrounded by, and have the support from, an awesome group of individuals.”
- “NPG has also opened by eyes to the amount of work and dedication our nurse leaders put forth daily. They truly care about nursing wellness and fight for us every day!”
- “It has shown me that nursing really does have a big role in decision-making at YNHHS and it has empowered me to make change to improve the care we provide to our patients.”
- “I enjoy being a part of something greater than my nursing specialty and am grateful for the personal growth I've experienced.”
- “Keeping expert at the bedside has always been my passion, and NPG was an opportunity to share my ideas and experience in a forum that also supported me with experts in evidence-based practice, data collection and YNHH leaders in all fields.”