The wide range of psychiatric services provided by Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital and Yale New Haven Hospital, in affiliation with Yale School of Medicine's Department of Psychiatry, distinguish us as a world leader in clinical care, research and education.
We take particular pride in our diverse and talented staff, including a cadre of compassionate clinicians, inter-disciplinary teams of talented investigators, and numerous committed and dedicated teachers — as well as a network of able alumni who remain vital to our missions. Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital not only provides the highest quality of patient care but also leads the nation in discoveries that are transforming our understanding and treatment of mental illness.
YNHPH and associated psychiatric services at YNHH offer all our patients an extraordinary range of clinical services, including outstanding programs specializing in the major mental diseases. Our clinical programs are intimately interwoven with the training and research missions of the hospital and medical school.
Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital leads the nation in discoveries that are transforming our understanding and treatment of mental illness. Our physicians and staff are dedicated to integrating quality clinical care and advanced research. The hospital is closely affiliated with Yale School of Medicine's Department of Psychiatry, which is among the nation's leaders in psychiatric research. At the root of this success is highly talented research faculty and their numerous basic research laboratories, clinical research programs and research divisions.
Education and Training
YNHPH, associated psychiatric services at YNHH, and our patients directly benefit from the world-renowned education programs that are a critical element of the mission of Yale School of Medicine's Department of Psychiatry. The department and its highly regarded and skilled faculty offer undergraduate and graduate medical education programs, as well as a wide spectrum of training opportunities in psychology and advanced research.
- The staffs at Yale-New Haven Psychiatric Hospital (YPH), both at our Liberty Street location and at the Saint Raphael Campus (SRC), are dedicated to providing a healthy, safe and therapeutic place for all of our patients.
- Our comprehensive multidisciplinary treatment team is ready to partner with you to provide safe and effective treatment.
- Our patient and family centered care offers treatment planning and education for you and your family.
- Your family/significant other can arrange to meet with your treatment team to discuss your treatment and facilitate your discharge.
- Upon admission, you will be asked to sign a Release of Information form where you will identify the individuals you would like to involve in your care.