What to Expect
When you chose Yale New Haven
Hospital, you placed your confidence and trust in us. Our entire staff will
work hard to meet all of your needs and expectations. We know how precious your
health is and our goal is to get each person as healthy, happy and active as
Quality and Experience
As a Yale New Haven Hospital patient, you benefit from the experience, expertise and leading-edge care expected from one of the nation's top hospitals. Our entire staff is dedicated to upholding the hospital's mission of quality care, continuing education, research and community service.
Comprehensive, Coordinated Care
From the doctor's office to the operating room, our patients and families have access to:
- The latest, clinically-proven techniques, procedures and technology
- The most comprehensive, compassionate care possible in a comfortable, family-friendly, safe and secure environment
- Attentive, respectful, knowledgeable physicians and healthcare professionals dedicated to your health and safety
- Leading-edge clinical trials, medical research and healthcare services
- Guidance on preparing for your visit, as well as support services for patients and families
- Free services and assistance, including translators and interpreters, hearing-impaired assistance, prescription discounts, wheelchairs, Spiritual Care and more
- Our inpatient Hospitalist Service to coordinate care and ensure the most effective treatment possible
Our innovative approach to providing comprehensive, coordinated care relies on maintaining effective, collaborative partnerships between patients, families and healthcare providers. Our multidisciplinary teams work together to deliver individualized health care programs to meet the unique needs of each patient and family.
Patient- and Family-Centered Care
At the heart of all our services is a patient- and family-centered philosophy of care. We invite families and care partners to participate as equal members of our team. We believe mutual respect, information sharing, participation and collaboration between patients, family members, care partners and healthcare providers is key to maintaining health and achieving the best possible outcomes.
The Best and Brightest Minds in Medicine
As the primary teaching hospital for Yale School of Medicine, we attract some of the nation's most highly skilled healthcare professionals. This means a diverse, experienced team of physicians, faculty members, nurses, residents, fellows and graduates of the best medical schools in the world is on call to discuss your symptoms, provide a diagnosis and design treatment plans to address your individual needs. Leaders in their fields, engaged in clinical research and always at the forefront of medical technology and techniques, our team brings these innovations to the table to offer you the highest quality, most effective care possible.