Chest Pain Center
Yale-New Haven Hospital’s Chest Pain Center is a short-stay evaluation unit for patients who arrive at the hospital complaining of chest pain and/or heart attack symptoms. Located within the Emergency Department the Chest Pain Center is designed to quickly provide the tests and diagnosis for patients that result in accurate, fast treatment. We also strive to educate patients on the risk factors associated with heart disease and the symptoms of a heart attack.
Yale-New Haven Hospital is the first hospital in Connecticut to earn The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Chest Pain Certification. The Gold Seal of Approval® is a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to providing safe and effective patient care. Yale-New Haven Hospital demonstrates high-level care for chest pain patients. This includes:
- Following national evidence-based standards
- Clinical practice guidelines to manage and optimize care
- An organized approach to measuring performance and improvement
Chest pain is often the first sign that you may be experiencing a heart attack. Other symptoms can include:
- Discomfort, squeezing or pressure in the chest
- Nausea or vomiting
- Upper body pain, ranging from your neck, teeth or jaw to your shoulders, back and arms
- Stomach pain
- Shortness of breath or acute fatigue
- Anxiety, sweating and lightheadedness
Call 911 right away if you have one ormore of these heart attack signs. Remember: early treatment will keep you from having a serious heart attack.
For more information call 203-688-2222.